mAadhaar Official App for Updates Aadhar Details from Home, With the goal of reaching out to large numbers of smartphone users the new mAadhaar is released by the Unique Identification Authority of India. The App features an array of Aadhaar services and a personalized section for the Aadhaar holder who can carry their Aadhaar information in form of a soft copy, instead of carrying a physical copy all the time.The key features in mAadhaar: Multilingual: In order to ensure the Aadhaar Services are accessible to linguistically diverse residents of India, the menu, button labels, and form fields are provided in English as well as in 12 Indian languages (Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu).
Universality: Residents with or without Aadhaar can install this App on their smartphones. However to avail personalized Aadhaar services the resident will have to register their Aadhaar Profile in the App. Aadhaar Online Services on Mobile: The mAadhaar user can avail the featured services for themselves as well as for any other resident seeking Aadhaar or related help.
The functionalities are broadly grouped as:
Main Service Dashboard: Direct access to download Aadhaar, Order a Reprint, Address Update, Download offline eKYC, Show or Scan QR Code, Verify Aadhaar, Verify mail/email, retrieve UID/EID, Request for Address Validation Letter
My Aadhaar: This is a personalized section for Aadhaar holders where residents will not have to enter their Aadhaar number to avail Aadhaar services. In addition this section also provides facility for the resident to lock/unlock their Aadhaar or Biometric Authentication.
Aadhaar Locking – Aadhaar holder can lock their UID/Aadhaar number anytime they wish.
Biometric locking/unlocking secures biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
Update of profile – To updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder helps Aadhaar user share their password protected eKYC or QR code for safe and paperless verification.
Multi-profile: Aadhaar holder can include multiple (upto 3) profiles (with same registered mobile number) in their profile section.
Locate Enrolment Center helps user find nearest Enrolment Center.
After installation, the user will be prompted to select any of the preferred languages. However, the input fields in the forms will accept data entered in the English language only. This is done to help user avoid facing the challenges of typing in regional languages (due to limitations in the mobile keyboards).
mAadhaar Official App Links
FAQ’s on Aadhaar Card Download
- From which website can a resident download the e-Aadhaar?Residents can download the e-Aadhaar from https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/faadhaar/ or https://uidai.gov.in/.
- What is the e-Aadhaar password?The password for the e-Aadhaar is the first four letters of your name in capitals followed by the year you were born.
- Are there any charges levied for “Order Aadhaar Reprint”?In the case of ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint”, the charge is Rs.50 (inclusive of speed post charges and GST)
- On what software can I open the e-Aadhaar?The e-Aadhaar can be viewed on Adobe Reader. You can install the software by visiting https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Where can I download the m-Aadhaar app from?The m-Aadhaar app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- Can I download my Aadhar card as a PDF?Residents can get their e-Aadhaar in the form of PDF by entering their 28-digit enrollment number, along with their full name and pin code. Residents can download e-Aadhaar by entering their 12-digit Aadhaar number, along with their full name and pin code.
- Can I download my Aadhaar card on my phone?Yes, you can download my Aadhaar card on my phone.
- Is Umang App compatible with Android and iOS devices?Yes, Umang App is compatible with Android and iOS devices for downloading, view, or printing Aadhar card through this app.
- Can I download Aadhar letter online after updating?Yes, after updating you can download Aadhar letter online by clicking ‘Download Aadhaar’ on UIDAI official website.
- How much does it cost for ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’?For ‘Order Aadhar PVC card’ service candidate needs to pay Rs.50 including GST and speed post charge.